Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oh My Blog Award and Soundtrack For My Life ♥♦♣♠


PJ over at PJs and Pounds...Food Addict/PJ Geek was so sweet to give me the Oh My Blog award. Karen from Fitcetera gave this one to me a little while back, and I really enjoyed making a soundtrack for my life. PJ made an awesome soundtrack for hers by the way. You guys should check it out. So, in the spirit of "soundtracking" my life....I'm going to repost my soundtrack from before and add in a few more. I love music so much and until recently couldn't figure out how to incorporate it into my blog. I finally figured out how to do it and have been having fun using song titles for blog posts here lately....along with the songs. Songs can really help us get in touch with emotion. Music is like air for me.


Here are the details on the award:


1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!

2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:

(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.

(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.

(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.

(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.

(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, makeup, etc) and post it.

3. Pass this award onto at least 3, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself. Don’t forget to tell them. (I'll do this part tomorrow)

   Ok, so this is the what I chose to do from the Oh My Blog! award. I'm making a soundtrack of my childhood which I've seen no one do so far....I think I know why they didn't b/c it's a little hard. Anyway, here it is. If you click the links, you'll be lead to a youtube video for each song. Each of these songs tells a great story or just has a great message that's dead on about how my life was at the time.



My Childhood

Upside Down by Diana Ross (In the top 40 September 1980--month and year I was born)

Harden My Heart by Quarterflash

Father of Mine by Everclear (Rough childhood w/ dad)



Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (I rebelled...what can I say? I was a grunge in middleschool. I had a Nirvana poster and Beastie Boys poster over my bed.☺)

I also had a big picture Legend of the Fall poster on my bedroom door....


this exact one actually.

Sabotage by Beastie Boys (Go to the 2:13 mark on the video...that is my favorite part of the song...when they just scream and the music just throbs--electric guitar and drums-I love it!...I want to do that--scream--but then people would probably think I'm weird...weirder than before. That's when we little grunges would bang our heads. Banging our heads and smoking pot....maybe that's why I have such a hard time remembering things in the present....but, that's what the grunge era was about...rock music, drugs, sex, self loathing, flannels, koolaid colored hair, and multi-colored fingernails. Geez...it's a wonder I made it out alive...good grief I was a dumb kid.)

Kissing You by Desree from Romeo and Juliet soundtrack (One of my favorite movies from when I was a teen....this movie holds a lot of memories for me. I remember people used to tell me I looked like Claire Danes from this movie...back then. It didn't make me vain--b/c nobody ever complimented me. The fact I remember it from almost 15 years ago should tell you how many compliments I received when I was a kid. I never even found out until several years ago that guys had crushes on me back in highschool. I just always assumed all guys thought I was ugly back then--not that they should have been basing their feelings from my looks. I think it's so important to tell our little girls how beautiful they are everyday. If you've never heard this song...it is one of the most romantic songs ever...absolutely beautiful. I hope you'll listen to it. ☺)


Love Fool by The Cardigans (Also from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack.--yeah, daddy issues made lots of boy problems when I was a teen. I'm proud to say my dad and I have a great relationship now.)

My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (And my heart did go on after all the boy problems. lol. I must have watched Titanic like .....5 times I think...in the theater. lol! I was pregnant--I liked crying. lmao)

Because of You by Kelly Clarkson (Me realizing mom had a big part in things too.....maybe now my husband too...just parts of the song. And all of this too shall pass--music is my therapy....just letting it out.)

Full of Grace by Sarah McLachlan (I listened to this album "Surfacing" almost nonstop...it's still one of my faves. The words of this song resonated with me when I was pregnant with my daughter--"I know I can love you much better than this". I almost gave her up for adoption b/c I was so scared I wouldn't love her the way she needed...I was only 18. Oh, and this song is on the Buffy soundtrack. Remember the episode when Buffy has to kill Angel and she goes off on her own? It plays this song. I still bawl like a baby when I see this episode. It's funny...I couldn't cry b/c I was upset with life but I could watch a very fictional show and cry. lol Since I quit smoking, it's been easier to cry--I was stuffing the emotions with bad habits.)

Brick by Boring Brick by Paramore (Tough beginning with hubby...after the honeymoon was over. It talks about coming back to reality...realizing the fairytale isn't always as awesome as you think. Things can get hairy for a while. Then you realize if you simplify, things can work. This is a rockin' song too...love it. I have to add that it's an awesome video too...lots of color and imagination)


I'll Look After You by The Fray (To my precious babies--my daughter knows this is our song. ☺)

I'm Feeling You by Michelle Branch and Santana (How things WERE going.....I will get this back...I will.)



Cable Car by The Fray (Love this one...the lyrics...the music. The words resonate with me very strongly at the moment. I love the music video....hope you guys enjoy it.)





Enjoy and thanks PJ! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment