Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 3rd. Food Log, Girl's Night, and Jackpot!

Ok, so over the weekend I didn't do great, but I didn't do as bad as I could have either. Joey and Niki came over and I had a few extra potatoes and some candy. I do notice I'm getting to the point I can have small bites and I'm ok with not having more, but still I have to watch this b/c too many bites can be bad.
  I have no clue how I messed up my food log and lost track a few days ago, but I think I'm going to start a journal I have to actually "write" in so I won't get my days confused. Anyway, here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1c. Kashi cereal, 1c. milk

Lunch: 2 turkey sausage patties, 2oz. cheddar, 1 whole wheat sandwich thin, big salad (lettuce, carrots, cranberries, cashews, 2tbsp. Newman's Own ranch dressing), 1 square dark chocolate

Dinner: Sushi--not sure how many pieces, but my friend and I split everything and I definitely felt comfortable after eating...definitely didn't overdo it. We kept it to healthy options like cucumber roll, California roll, crab roll, and one called Christmas roll--had shrimp and avacado, and 1c. coffee w/ a little milk and nothing else.


I had a fun night lastnight. It started out w/ me leaving the kids with David. Then I went to SC to get gas b/c it's just cheaper and it's only a couple miles down the road. I blasted loud music the whole time w/ my window rolled down singing to the top of my lungs....it felt good. Then I drove back to town to our local sushi dojo. While I was waiting for the food, I ran into a doctor. Actually, the conversation started by me asking her what type of laundry detergent she uses. (Yes, leave it to a stay at home mom to get chatty about detergent. lol) I thought it smelled really good and she told me she had just finished working out so that was a relief to find out she didn't stink to high heaven. lol. Then I asked her where she works out. She told me ZUMBA!!!  Jackpot!! My jaw dropped b/c you guys gotta understand....I live in a really small town. I had no clue our town had Zumba....and then I find out yoga too! 40 dollars--all the zumba and yoga you want per month. Yowza! She gave me the website for the Zumba....I gave her my blog address. lol I told her I quit smoking and she said, "Chantix?" I said, "How did you know?". She says, "I'm a doctor...I just figured." So then I found out where she practices and her name...and I think I might go visit her. Anyhoo, here's the website she gave me for the Zumba. I intended on blogging first thing this morning, but I started watching this lady's zumba videos instead. It looks like so much fun!!

Here's the link for the videos.

I have a treadmill that I intend on blooming a relationship with soon, but it will be hard since we hate eachother....like Karen over at Fitcetera says....the dreadmill. It probably hates me b/c its been turned into a hat/coat rack. Sorry Mr. Dreadmill.

I really want to take those classes though. It's just been impossible to do anything like that b/c of my husband's work schedule, so I'm hoping that it will work out this time. I really, really want it to work out this time. I may have to wait until I come off the Chantix to join though....it's really expensive and adding on another expense may not be feasible at the moment.  Anyway, so I left the Sushi place and went over to my friend's house.

  My friend Amy is getting divorced and she's been having a hard time obviously. I told her I'd bring Sushi and help her pack. We did a little packing while her kids were still awake...and we had fun playing in boxes w/ her kids. Hmm...maybe that's the reason we didn't actually get much done. Anyway, she got her kids to bed and we turned it to Gossip Girl and drank coffee. ☺ Yes, I'm almost 30 and my friend is 38....big whoop...we still watch adolescent soap operas. Well, we didn't actually watch much before we started catching up with everything that's been going on with eachother. My friend tends to isolate herself when she's stressed out....it was the sushi my push that finally got her to agree on a girls' night.
  I told her everything I'm feeling right now and told her all about the homeschool group crap. It was nice to reconnect w/ her b/c she's one of my least (I have very few of these) judgmental friends. She told me her stuff about her moron ex (thinks he can get sole custody being on unemployment..he's been on it a year and plans to be on it for another year...just b/c. He wants to keep the house even though he can't afford it...and the kids even though my friend is the one who stayed home w/ them all this time.) and then we played with makeup. Since I've been wearing makeup more here lately, I'm finally polishing off the last bit of Mary Kay stuff I had. Amy just happens to sell Mary Kay. So, she played with my face for a while and showed me how to use eyeliner correctly...lmao, b/c I'm so au naturale I do not know how to do that stuff. I got new lipstick, lip gloss, eyeliner, foundation, moisturizer, and facewash. She sold it to me all for $35 dollars...which is a steal. I love that girl. Here's all my loot.

 She and I gave eachother big hugs and said our "I love yous" and then I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Before going in, I took the opportunity to read in my car for a while....yes took a pic too...don't know why. I think I've exchanged the habit of smoking now for a habit of taking pictures of myself. lmao...no good...no good at all. It's sad when one takes pics in the car...at night. (sigh) ;-)



This is my favorite pass time....sitting in my car, reading books in empty parking lots. (Insert song--Loser by Beck ) Right now I'm reading The Secret Life of Bees and Vampire Diaries. I usually have 2 going at the same time so if one is boring...I can switch to the other. I decided on Vampire Diaries b/c until Eclipse comes out in June, I have to get my vampire fix from somewhere...yes, I am a Twi-geek in the worst way. (whispers Yay Team Edward!!) haha. (A-gain insert song Loser by Beck) I finally got home around 1ish or 2ish. Wow, aren't I the party girl. It was a needed getaway though, so even if I stayed up too late, it was worth it. Now, I'm going to go nod off while cleaning the toilet....probably not the safest chore to do when sleepy aye? Laters gators. Oh thanks for your comments about my childhood soundtrack....it was fun making it. ☺ (((Hugs))) you guys.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim ! I finally figured out leaving comments on people who ask question's on their comment field is the most practical thing. You can buy keifer at any market that carries middle eastern foods. Another possibility is either Whole Foods or a health food store- I don't recall seeing it at Trader Joes or bigger chains like Meijers, Dominick's Kroger and such

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl's night out is critically important. I went on a daytime one going out of town with my friends, but we had so much fun, we decided this month to go back and stay the night! I probably should send the town a warning that we're coming. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete