Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Food Log May 4th

Breakfast: 1c. Kashi cereal, small handful raw walnuts, 1c. almond milk, 1small banana

Lunch: Arnold's whole wheat sandwich thin, 2 turkey sausage patties, 1oz. cheddar, small leftover salmon patty, small handful cashews, 1c. grapes, green tea

Dinner: Coconut top crusted flounder, stir fried green beans w/ chopped walnuts, grainy artisan garlic bread--2 pieces too much, twice baked potato half, 1 square dark chocolate

Haha, did you think I made all of that homemade?? lol. They had good ingredients though and were not
bad in calories.




I tried making my greenbeans a little different than usual. I stir fried them in a pat of butter, a couple minced garlic cloves, a pinch of thyme, a few drops of lemon juice, and threw in some chopped raw walnuts. They were toasted in the pan which gave the greenbeans a robust flavor. I was trying something similar to what Tami does with her greenbeans. Her blog is called Nutmeg Notebook. Look in my blog roll. She has some very yummy recipes. ☺


I'm trying to do more relaxing type things, so my daughter and I had a Biore' session after my shower. We look like we should be in Mummy.

Enoch thinks they are bandaids, so we rack up on "boo boo" kisses as much as we can when we are using Biore' strips. lol

My daughter is growing into a lovely young lady. She just got her first pair of glasses and they make her look older. :(


Still NOT smoking. I think about smoking a lot, but not the way you'd think. I'm not craving them. I'm just staying aware of them b/c I don't want to get caught in an unexpected stressful moment and it be the first thing I go to. It's like staying aware of why I hate it, helps me to remember this is a constant battle even if I'm not craving them. I definitely endorse Chantix by the way...awesome stuff. I cannot believe the lack of cravings I'm experiencing...it's crazy. I'm not grumpy either! I'm happy, and less stressed even though my week has been crappy. So...I'm cool...just in case Kyle you guys were wondering. j/k Kyle...you've been checking in on me and that makes me so happy. That's some good accountablity! lol Yeah, and you're a busy guy climbing big rocky walls and stuff. lol Go check out what he can do now since he's lost weight...pretty darn inspiring although I will not be joining in the ranks of rock climbing. Scared to death of heights. lol I did get pretty tired just watching though...does that count? Whew! What a sweat.
  Anyway, I'm not doing great with weight loss right now. I just came off my appetite supressants and with quitting smoking, I'm beginning to wonder if I should start the calorie cap or start measuring my food religiously again. I dunno...I'm up for suggestions seriously. I don't want to gain anything back and I want to start losing again. I'm just having trouble getting motivated and disciplined again...I guess b/c I've been putting all that motivation and discipline into not smoking. I need to find a balance. Anyway, hope you all are having a great week. Stay tuned for the post I've been procrastinating on.

7 comments:

  1. I would just be mindful for another week or two and then slowly get back into the weighing and measuring and calorie capping. You don't want to push yourself back into smoking.
    You are letting go of two crutches all at once. It's tough work.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends once said, "get rid of one crutch at a time." I think that's pretty accurate. It's really normal to get "oral" when you go off cigs. I smoked in high school and then dated a guy who hated it, so I stopped. I have to admit that I missed the whole association with pulling the cigarette out, feeling it, smelling the scent of it, lighting, and the first inhalation. It drove me nuts for quite a while, but then somehow a month or two went by and I started noticing how annoying it was to smell other people's smoke in public. Nowadays, many years later, I get downright pissy if I smell smoke. It makes me angry that they're making me stink after I just took a shower and my hair was all fresh and pretty smelling and now it clings with cigarette smoke. You will definitely get there. It's much the same process with weight loss. You get such a resentment for things that made you fat that you can't imagine ever wanting to get near them again--you have bad associations. It happens, but one vice at a time, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim!

    I think you are doing fantabulous...as someone who quit also, it was a long time before I stopped thinking about smoking...a long time so you are really right on track.

    And this is a huge deal...if you delay some weight loss to keep your focus and energies elsewhere, so be it...you are doing your BEST, I know it...and that is all we can expect of ourselves each day.

    Go Kim Go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Biore strips look like a fun kind of thing to do with a daughter ! You kids are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great that you have quit smoking. I imagine it's terribly hard to focus on not doing that and not eating too much. Yikes!! I would be to hard on yourself about the food. Maybe just focus on not gaining weight right now and focus on losing when you feel like you really have the not smoking down.

    I gave my teenage son a Biore strip...he thought it was torture...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow your comment got deleted and it had me totally cracking up (about rejects) and the POST it note off the prostate man. I got it sent to me in email but when I go to the blog, it's gone. Darn it.

    Now, how about getting some of that gray tape and using that as a diet aid? It would also help with the non-smoking stuff.
    Can hardly wait for the procrastination post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, one thing at a time! Keep eating healthy foods, but don't worry about weight loss right now. When you're over the smoking hump, then refocus on losing weight.

    I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete