Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 4th, 2010 Food Log

Breakfast: 1c. Organic Pumpkin Flax granola (low in sugar), 7-8 walnuts, 3/4c. almond milk

Snack: small handful cashews, pear

Lunch: a little over half Kashi Meditarranean pizza, salad (romaine, arugula, few shreds of cheese, 2tbsp. cranberries), tbsp. dressing

Dinner: Taco Salad- 3oz. extra lean beef, sprinkle of cheese, 3tbsp. salsa, 1tbsp. dressing, romaine & arugula, 5 whole grain tortilla chips

3 comments:

  1. great food...how is that kashi pizza? I have been meaning to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright... I have been wondering. I see on a lot of peoples post - almond milk...... is it good? I never heard of it until blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris, I really like the Kashi pizzas. They are definitely nutritionally better than other pizzas. They are really thin (most of them), with less cheese, more veggies, and you can't beat the whole grain crust...you won't even see enriched flour in most of their crusts. The first ingredient in their Mediterranean pizza is oat flour. I probably shouldn't eat as much of one as I do in one sitting, but so far it hasn't really hurt me and usually on the days I eat them, I kinda watch my calorie/carb intake for the rest of the day. I like them a lot...and think they are worth the 5 dollars I pay for them. lol
    Jessica, personally I like almond milk. I am becoming a bit lactose intolerant as I'm aging (something that runs in my family), and my stomach especially has a hard time in the morning if I drink milk. I hate soy milk, and rice milk, but I can drink almond. It really does taste like almonds. I've heard that brand names differ in taste. I've also thought about making my own almond milk b/c it's pretty easy to do, just a little time consuming. I've heard that fresh tastes a lot better. The longer I drink it, the more I like it. It has less calories/fat than milk, they fortify it with nutrients, and it tastes good in many cereals. I hope this helps guys. :) (If I made any grammatical/spelling errors, I apologize...I was in a hurry when I typed this) lol

    ReplyDelete