Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 18th&19th, 2010 Food Log and Fun Weekend Plans ☺☺☺

Thurs. 18th

Ok, so I didn't go grocery shopping like I had planned this day. My 3yr. old decided to be krazy with a k extra challenging. So, I didn't have time to menu plan and get to Aldi before it closed. So, we haven't had much food in the house. I am very happy to say that every last fresh fruit and veggie was eaten and none thrown away except some overly ripe avacados...they were like this when I bought them and didn't have time to return them.

Breakfast: 1c. Kashi cereal, 1c. almond milk, 6 raw walnuts

Snack: (We had tennis lessons so I didn't have time to eat lunch beforehand) 1/4c. trail mix (soynuts, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, almonds-no salt or extra flavors added...just good ole natural stuff), apple

Lunch: 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2tbsp. peanut butter, 1/2c. choc. soymilk

Dinner: Sushi (1/2 California roll and 1/2 cucumber roll, 1tbsp. shrimp sauce, ginger sauce, soy sauce w/ wasabi), pickled ginger (I looove pickled ginger)


Fri. 19th

I did go grocery shopping...but it was an all day affair since I had so many other errands to run. So, I had to eat out for lunch and I didn't get home until 9pm, was exhausted, so I ate an easy to make dinner...Kashi pizza. I'm not pleased with how many carbs I've been taking in over the past few days...but, now that I've got food in my house I'll have plenty more options. I found loads of great stuff grocery shopping yesterday and I'm gonna write a post about grocery shopping when I have the chance.

Breakfast: 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2tbsp. natural peanut butter, 2tbsp. currant fruit spread, water (this was all that was left to eat before shopping...sad right?)

Lunch: Chic-fil-A: Grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun w/lettuce, tomato, pickles, 1tsp. sauce, fresh fruit cup (strawberries, grapes, mandarin oranges, apples)

Snack: small pack trail mix that I bought from Aldi while I was there, a few sips of my daughter's cold coffee drink

Dinner: Spinach and 3 mushroom Kashi pizza

lots of water

This weekend will be super busy and I HAVE to prepare ahead of time so I don't mess up. Today, I'm meeting my mother halfway to Charlotte so my daughter can spend the night w/ her. My hubby is off work and Joey and Niki are staying over tonight. We get to do adult stuff! Well, not really most likely since we usually have fun doing immature things....then immature things like this too.
Then, Sunday we're having a cookout at my Dad's. I think he's trying to spend as much time as he can with us before he moves to Bermuda. He even invited my mom...which is weird since they've been divorced for some time now...but, whatever.
Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend! Anything fun planned??

3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your "adult" weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went bowling...that was fun.
    Hope you get your weekend planned.
    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, actually that post was a direct result of a lady who had died the night before named bethany mcdonald.
    I had never read her blog, and then someone said she had died of a heart attack. I went and read her blog, and it was like reading me..if my weight loss attempt had been like all the other times I had tried to lose weight.
    I kept wondering, why...what was so different between her and I. We were the same age, the same (almost) weight when we started...I was probably closer to 270 when I started..I didn't weigh for two weeks....we had children. Why had my attempt taken root while she had continued to struggle. I thought all day, and while she still kind of 'made light' of the eating...I saw it as life and death.
    It was for both of us.
    That is why I wrote it.
    Glad you got some extra traffic though. I hope it helps you get more support.

    ReplyDelete