Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Big Thank You and a Few Things You Should Know ☺☺☺

First of all, I want to thank you for your comments on my last post.  To Chris: Yeah, you're very right. Actually I kept looking for the menu around my house (I keep menus) and couldn't find it, so that's when we just decided to drive up there. At this point I haven't been counting calories so much....I eventually will though. When I was on Metabolic Profiling Systems, they taught me a lot. They made a "diet" based on a lot of research about insulin resistance. What they found out is people are sensative to certain types of food...it makes their insulin resistance worse. They developed this plan based on what food sensativities I had while incorporating whole foods. They told me I didn't have to count calories if I'd stick to the foods that are ok for me. Well, I lost 80lbs. on their plan....and it was a good plan although there were a few flaws. I think one of the flaws was not counting calories after a certain point. I lost 80lbs. and stopped losing completely and now I wonder if I had figured how many calories I was putting in and out, if maybe I could have jumpstarted my weightloss again. I dunno. Anyway, I'm kind of doing the same thing this time around, but this time I know there will be a time when I will have to start counting calories. I've made a lot of changes and I have a lot of weight to lose....so my body is responding for right now, but I know there will come a day when it will need the extra "grit" and then that's when I'll start crunching the numbers. I really agree that restaurants do NOT tell the truth about calories in their food and also thank you for the website reccomendations. It's funny b/c I had already told myself when the time does come for me to crunch numbers, that I was going to ask about what you use...now I know. :) Thanks!
   To Ms. PJ Geek: Thank you for your encouragement and reminding of the positives. I can identify with what you said about "the food addict obsessing" and really wanting something healthy when you go to a restaurant. I truly do prefer eating healthy food when I go out....I just let Kimbo hold the reigns a little too long in my situation. lol
  To AutumnForest: Thanks for your knowledge. I'm certainly going to work on the whole "inner dialogue" thing. I think it's a great idea to have a "voice" that reminds me to pick something healthy. It's funny...you called yours "Meal Mommy" and called her a real food nazi. My brain heard "meal" and "nazi"...so I giggled about it and left you a comment on your blog putting the two together w/o realizing you actually said, "Meal Mommy". Sorry about that. (big cheese grin) lol I'm still adding "Meal Nazi" to my vocabulary b/c it reminds me of the "Soup Nazi" on Seinfeld. hehe As a matter of fact, I think that will be my new inner dialogue voice...the soup nazi guy.  "No soup (aka too much chinese) for ME!!"



To POD: lol...I know right??! I really need to cut out this bad chinese torture huh? Well said lady. :) I hope it doesn't take too many times to figure it out.

A Few Things You Should Know About Me:

I'm sorry I didn't reply back to my comments until now. I'm afraid I may have offended some people b/c I've lost a couple of followers. You should know, I LOVE constructive criticism. In a world where lies are told to make people happy everyday, I crave truth. Read number 26 and 27 of this post on my other blog Winding Road. I wrote this list last year around my b-day when I was feeling gloomy and needed to realize the positive part of aging. I spent so many years wanting people to lie to me so I wouldn't feel bad. I did not want to hear the truth. People stop caring after a while when you don't listen to what they have to say. So, please know I value any advice, 2 cents, swift kicks in the ass, and unsolicited knowledge you provide me with....it is taken seriously. If you don't get a reply back right away, it's either b/c I'm tired, busy, thinking about how to reply, or I forgot to (which is so rare). In this case, I had a long weekend, I've stayed up too late for many nights now, and I am so behind on reading all of your blogs. So, I read blogs in between the busyness all weekend long. Also, if it seems like I haven't been to your blog in a while....just know I will get there...I kinda have a cycle I follow. lol There are a few blogs I read every single day b/c they are like soul nutrition. They help me learn and sort out things I may not understand about myself in this journey. I'm sure you can relate...I think everyone has a few they read everyday.
   Also, another thing you should know about me is I'm not in this for the followers. If I ever have a giveaway on my blog, it will be so I can give something back to the people who have come to my blog on their own accord. If others find out about it...then that's fine too. I won't complain b/c I always welcome more support and it gives me a way to see other interesting blogs out there. I will say this. If I lose a follower, I do get a little sad, but I do realize that sometimes my blog is not going to be what another person needs. That's ok too. :) Just know I'll be sad to see you go, but I totally understand.
  So, I think I've let you guys get to know me a little better. I'm not super defensive and I welcome your comments.
  One more thing to know about me is just b/c I'm fat it doesn't mean I have no wisdom on losing weight. Generally, most fat people are "well-seasoned" dieters. It's keeping off the weight we have trouble with. I have loads of knowledge on addiction and healthy eating (even if I have trouble practicing it full force sometimes). So, please understand that I do not think I am a "know it all" if I come over to your blog and make suggestions. I only make suggestions when I feel like I have something to contribute...just like everybody else does. Just b/c I have the "fat suit" on, it doesn't mean I'm messed up in the head...it just means I've got a long journey ahead of me to get the outter baggage off. Anyway, I know this isn't relevant to my followers that I know of. I just want to put it out there b/c I'm pretty sure some in the blogworld are not quite sure what to think about me. lol :) ((Hugs)) to you all and I will be on here tomorrow morning to post my food log for the past two days....I did better btw. ☺☺☺☺

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way on advice...I will take whatever anybody gives me..you never know what might help.
    I suck at responding to comments.
    I love to see comments.
    I love it when people like what I wrote.
    It's nice...I just never know what to say to what they say..unless it is very personal.
    My way of answering comments is to try and comment on their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact you come over to my blog. :) I love the advice too. I think people appreciate it when someone thinks enough of someone to comment on their blog. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete