Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 3

Day 3...was ok. It was hard to make myself eat today b/c I was nervous about going to the doctor.

Breakfast: 1c. Kashi cereal w/ almond milk, blueberries, 3 slices turkey bacon

This is where it began to get difficult to eat....

Lunch: Whole wheat tortilla w/ 2 slices part skim Mozzarella cheese, romaine and arugula, 1 tbsp. Newman's Own Ranch dressing, lemon ginseng green tea

From here, I spent a lot of time outside with my kids...didn't do any physical activity myself though b/c I felt bad (hence the reason I went to the doc). I spent over 2 hours at the doctor's office...yay! (can you sense the sarcasm?) lol

Snack: 2 tbsp. trail mix

Dinner: Cubesteak and gravy, 1/2 c. brown rice, veggies (baby carrots, green and yellow greenbeans)
And before you gasp and say, "Gravy?!!?" I will tell you how I made it. I used 1 tbsp. of butter, 2 or 3 tbsp. of whole wheat flour, and 2% milk. I honestly do not like Cubesteak and gravy but it is my husband's favorite meal in the world and when I started this diet we made a compromise that I would still make it...just healthier. Cubesteak and gravy here where I live is like a really popular meal....very southern cuisine...I never have fit in here. LOL

Night Snack: Handful of trail mix with 1/4 c. Bear Naked granola (Vanilla almond crunch) w/milk

And I am still hungry....I definitely should have eaten my big salad at lunch or included a couple more veggies or fruit. I'm suffering now...I'm going to go drink the rest of my green tea and not give into temptation.

Good news today is I will begin a new medication for my PCOS...one that hopefully will not make me sick. I am also starting a water pill that will help stop my hair from thinning (another nasty symptom of PCOS) and will help with another condition I have...lymphedema. Keep me in your thoughts though....had a lot of blood work today and am hoping they figure out what's wrong with me (besides the fact I'm crazy and becoming a hypochondriac-did I spell that right??).

No comments:

Post a Comment