Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 2 And A Goal Change

Well, I just realized something today. I posted my weight being 390. I looked up the model of my scale and it says it only weighs up to 380....so I'm thinking I actually weigh more than 390...which is a real buzzkill. So, I've decided that my new short term goal (hopefully it will be short term) will be to get the scale reading lower than 390. My diet now has become a total experiment. I will really have no way of knowing if my diet is working for me or not...I guess after a few weeks, perhaps I'll know???  Ok, so here's what I ate....and thanks for the comments you guys left me today. Every bit helps...you just don't know. I really need accountability and networking...but I can't afford Weight Watchers meetings and well...I just dont want to share my weight with people who know me IRL.

Breakfast: 1c. Kashi oat flakes and wild blueberry clusters w/ almond milk, banana, 3 pieces of turkey bacon (yeah I know turkey bacon isn't a whole food and it has ingredients that aren't au natural but I have a few pieces leftover pre-diet and they are really low in fat...so I'm gonna eat'em)

Lunch: Big salad which consisted of: Romaine and arugula, chopped apples, cranberries, green bell pepper, baby carrots, broccoli slaw mix, sprinkle of sunflower seeds, sprinkle of cheese, mushrooms and 2 or 3 tbsp. of Newman's Own Ranch dressing. ( I think I pretty much filled my veggie quota for the day with this..it was yummy)

Snack: 2 tbsp. antioxidant trail mix (This stuff is too good...and I have to say it really helped b/c I ate it before cooking dinner and it actually satisfied my hunger...so when it came to dinner time I wasn't a ravenous animal...I was able to actually ENJOY my food.)

Dinner: Lemon pepper crusted salmon filet (about 4oz. of meat), 1 slice whole wheat garlic bread, and Normandy mix vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash, zucchini)

Snack: 3 tbsp. trail mix mixed with about 1/4 c. low sugar, low-fat vanilla almond crunch Bear Naked granola, 1 c. milk ( I know this sounds like a hefty snack, but I gotta tell ya, I ate it at 9 when I was really craving something sweet and it satisfied me big time so I haven't worried about hunger for the rest of the night which is wonderful. I haven't eaten in over 3 hours now before my bedtime which I consider a huge victory)

I've been drinking my lemon ginseng green tea peppermint tea all day and I am peeing to death!! LOL I think it was a good day...I question how much carbs I'm intaking though, although at lunch I refrained from any major carbs) With insulin resistance, there are many triggers that can keep us from losing...soft drinks, simple sugars, and even too many complex ones can make it hard. I'm gonna have to be careful. Oh, I did not exercise today...I'm sad about it. I will do better on that tomorrow and also I will try to have food pics so you'll have something to look at. Pics make a pretty blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job with the food.
    And you will be able to tell. YOu will notice yourself getting smaller, you clothes will get looser and you will start to move easier.
    I walked and ate less for two weeks before I weighed, and it was a noticeable loss. Really awesome. In a way it kind of frees you to just eat good, exercise and see the progress.
    Thanks for the comment on my blog.
    I know most Home schoolers have a big appreciation for personal freedoms.
    Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete