Your Daily Dose . I received the "I Love Your Blog" Award.
The first rule of this award is to thank the person or people who gave it to you. So, thank you Robin. And I'll add something. Robin is very intuitive and really loves people. She has cheered me up a whole lot in the past little while with her Here's to You Thursdays. She finds witty/funny clips that pertain to a situation you're going through. She's been dead on both times with mine. lol Here's the first one and the second one . They were kinda perfect and made me laugh hysterically. Again, thank you Robin. ((hugs)) All of you are awesome. ☺☺☺
The second part of this award is to write ten things that you love. Now, since I've been in such a bitchy mood here lately and have taken it out on my blog, really, this is the perfect thing for me to do....name things I love. See what I mean? Robin knew exactly what kind of therapy I need. lol! Ok, Robin....I have to steal a few..well, not really stealing b/c some of the things you love are things I really love too. ☺
1. My family--I've done some pretty stupid things in my life...yet most of them still love me and talk to me. In my defense, most of them have done pretty stupid things in their lives, but that's what makes family so great. If they start ganging up on me, all I have to do is mention something horrible that nobody else knows from their past....lol. No, just kidding, really. I love my family, even though some of them drive me nuts, and sometimes I avoid a few of them. They'd come to my rescue in a heartbeat if I needed them and I for them as well. My kids are my world and make my life have meaning. Everything good I do, I always hope it all benefits them. I love them so much.
2. Music--ALWAYS music. My life is one big friggin soundtrack. When I hear a song, I hear every detail of the song. Every instrument, every note, every dynamic....(sigh)...music is like air to me. There's not a genre I totally dislike although I do not like gangsta rap about hoochies and money and booties...or...uhh...other stuff. But that's another conversation for another day b/c I'M talking about things I love. lol
3. Kindred Spirits--Ever watched Anne of Green Gables?? Well, it just happens to be one of my favorite collections of stories. Anyway, Anne is always looking for kindred spirits....people she feels closely tied to who have no blood relation with her. I have a handful of kindred spirits in my life and I love them. They get me and I get them and I think I'd go insane if I didn't have just a few people in the world who understand me.
4. Books--I LOVE books. I breathe books like I do music. I've never listened to an audiobook and I'm not sure I would b/c I love real books...that I can hold in my hands. I love vintage first editions especially...the smell....like fine wine I'm sure...and if not then you can keep the wine b/c books will do just fine..mmmk? We used to live in an old house in Sandersville GA and the attic was filled w/ old books from the 1800's. I'd sit up in that attic for hours just to look at the books...fascinated by the contents. Most of them were medical books that showed amputation diagrams. Eww! I still loved looking at them.
5. Old things--I love old things. Give me an antique shop in Tennessee and I'm a happy girl. I love looking at artifacts, old tools, old anything really. I love ran down homesteads...imagining the past inhabitants thrills me. I love old cemetaries and find them fascinating. I'd love to be an historian....amongst other things.
6. Movies that touch me in a profound way-- Movies like Cold Mountain (the first quote on this site is my fave but I love all of them..and the scene when Ada is playing the piano, looking at Inman's tintype w/ tears streaking her cheeks while Ruby listens from the staircase above) , The Notebook, The Other Boleyn Girl, Goya's Ghosts (please watch this one if you can), Dangerous Beauty (about an influential courtesan in 16th-century Venice. ) Oh, and the scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer when Angel shows up at Buffy's prom even though they are in the midst of saying goodbye to eachother. They walk slowly, gazing eye to eye, then begin dancing to The Sundays rendition of Wild Horses. She leans her head against him w/ tears in her eyes while they slow dance....heart wrenching!! I cry like a baby every time I watch it. lol The Color Purple--when Celie raises her hand up against Mister and says, "Until you do right by me, everything you think of is gonna fail"...wow!...so powerful.
7. Art--In any shape or form. I like to find beauty in unexpected places and I love getting lost in a painting or photo.
8. Writing-- I like how Robin put it though. I might not necessarily love the actual writing process, but I like it when it's over and I have the written product...something that somebody else may love or relate to. It's rewarding.
9. The ocean--My dad always made sure we had a beach trip. We'd go camping in Myrtle Beach. There's something about standing in front of the ocean, listening to the waves, breathing the salty air, feeling the cool breeze gliding across bare skin that renews my spirit. There have been times when I've felt low and being near the ocean was the only thing that soothed me. The last time I went several years ago, I went a day ahead of my family. I spent a big part of the night just sitting on the beach by myself, listening to Sheryl Crowe's Global Sessions while breathing in the air listening to the waves. I loved every second I had to myself. (smiling) Then I went to Margaritaville where I heard a band that sounded just like the Dave Matthews band. lol
10. The simple things in life-- A few favorites are: holding my babies, I loved nursing them too, collecting sea shells, being surrounded by flowers and sniffing every one of them until I sneeze, growing things and touching the earth with my hands, breathing in the smell of soil, soft kisses, chocolate, old buildings, laying in the grass watching clouds, watching deer across from my house, talking to old friends, laughing, hugs and cuddles, a glass of wine occasionally, and sex (had to sneak that one in there). lol! ;)
Now, the third part of this is to pass this award on to 10 other bloggers:
Fight Fat Phobia
From Fat to Fantastic
Ghost Hunting Theories
My Big Fat Super Obese Blog
PCOS...A True Story
PJs and Pounds...A Food Addict/PJ Geek
Getting Better and Better
I'm giving these awards to people who inspire me, make me laugh, make me think, relate with me, and support and love me even when I'm super down in the dumps.....you guys are what it's all about here in the blogging community. ((hugs))