Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back in Business(aka Weight Loss) and Food Log for Apr. 21st, 2010

 I was going to post lastnight after leaving some comments on other blogs, but then my computer went on the fritz. No matter what I tried, it was still moving not even at a snail's pace. So I gave up. Now I'm back, feeling better. I know my last post came as a shock to some, me talking about smoking and all, but I actually announced it on this post called an Addiction Story. If you deal w/ addiction yourself or want to see how much I've truly progressed out of addiction, you may want to read that post. I've lost more weight by the way...I lost 1.4 I think. I just log it on my little ticker thingy at the top of my blog. So that's a BIG plus.
  Anyway, after my last post I started feeling a bit better...a bit more confident. I think w/ the hormonal problems, stress problems, and my fear of making big steps was really hindering me. But, isn't that what this journey is about?? Learning things about ourselves and overcoming the odds? For me it is. I'll turn 30 in September. Turning 29 was very hard for me...stupid really...but I pretty much locked myself up in my room for several hours to cry and I'm not a cryer. My husband who is 8 years older than me has already been through the whole "30" thing so he was able to comfort me...and it probably made me feel better knowing he's knocking on 40's door too. hehe.  I guess it was hard b/c my 20's were when I got married and started my family. There were a lot of benchmarks in my 20's, but I started thinking. There's been a lot of bad crap too...I became the unhealthiest I've ever been, lots of marital problems in the beginning of my marriage, the loss of two grandparents, and my dad having a stroke and heart attack. Granted I know there will be problems within my 30's as well that I cannot change, but there are things I can change...me. So, I need this thing to work...it's going to work. I've just got to get over the rocky places on the trail. Since I made up my mind for Sunday to be my final quit day, I think it took a burden off me. I've not mentioned yet, that I've got a blogpost in the making addressing the "exercise" part of this journey. I've kinda been saving it for my quit day b/c obviously it's going to play a key role in helping me stay quit. So, be looking for that and my next two posts I'll be working on today. Thanks all for your encouragement and thanks for reading. It means a lot.

Food Log April 21st

Breakfast: 1c. Organic Pumpkin Flax granola, 1c. milk, small handful raw walnuts, small banana

Lunch: (ate out w/ my lovies) Grilled chicken salad w/ 2tbsp. dressing

Dinner: Salad w/ 1tbsp. dressing, 1 small slice mushroom spinach Kashi pizza, 1 grannysmith apple, 1 piece dark chocolate

lots of green tea and water

5 comments:

  1. lol I'll be knocking on 40's door soon enough myself. It's funny how different ages will do that to different people. I wasn't so worried about my weight at 30. I thought I had PLENTY of time to get it back under control. It's only gotten worse over the past 6 years. Now my goal is to be at a normal weight by 40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to climb up and over those obstacles and sometimes it's easier to move them out of the way.
    You can do this, Kim!

    and p.s. the age thing? it only gets better ... I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps this might offer you some comfort.Turning 30 was hard for me because I had just got the diagnosis of PCOS, I had yet to conceive and I swore my biological clock was haunting me !( I had a stillbirth at age 31 and then my son at age 33) Then my 40's hit and it was kind of amusing- I did not feel 40 at all . The 50's came around and I got kind of panicky thinking I better hurry up and figure out what I want to be when I grow up . I will turn 52 in about a month, my son has one year left of homeschool then he graduates, my Mother and Mother in law are dealing with Dementia and care decisions,my dad is dead and my father in law is fading, my husband is looking at retirement soon and I am wondering who stepped on the accelerator pedal of life ! And I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.I do know that whatever happens , life is pretty amusing at times !I am considering getting thin enough to wear a bikini on my 55th birthday and embarrassing my son .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. :) I really needed that comfort...especially from girls that have been through it.

    ReplyDelete