Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Food Log- Feb. 19, 2010

Sorry my last post was so long...and normally I'd write the emotional stuff on my other blog, but this time my emotions were very relevant to my eating. Anyway, here's yesterdays food....

Breakfast: 1c. Kashi cereal, 1c. almond milk

Snack: handful of cranberry antioxidant trail mix (cranberries, sunflower seeds, almonds), and 1/2c. granola crisps (found these things at Wal-mart...has a bunch of diverse whole grains like spelt, quinoa etc. and their lightly sweetened with different fruits...had very little sugar 4g per 1/2c. )

Lunch: 1 slice Kashi spinach mushroom pizza, spring mix salad w/ small cucumber, 1tbsp. Newman's Own Ranch dressing, a few apple slices with 1tbsp. dark chocolate PB (all good ingredients...all natural not much sugar at all), and three bites of my kid's pepperoni pizza (a no-no...but at leat it wasn't McD's this time..lol)

Dinner: Taco Salad (romaine, arugula, sprinkle of cheese, salsa, lean spiced ground beef, small handful whole grain tortilla chips, 2tbsp. Newman's Own ranch dressing) Sidenote: I do not use taco seasoning b/c of the chemicals, so I use chili powder, cumin, pinch of salt, and minced onion. Also, I use a lot of lettuce in my salad....more lettuce than the other stuff.

Snack: 2tbsp. dark chocolate anitoxidant trailmix

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, I left an honest scrap award for you on my blog...it's not so much that I want you to link or to post alink to me....I just want you to write about ten of the best things that have happened to you....
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim; It's Autumnforest. I thought I'd give you my 10. It's hard to come up with them, but I realize that at the ages I was when they happened, they were the greatest thing up until that time.
    1. Fifth grade, won the Halloween poster art contest for the entire county of Fairfax. I was shocked beyond belief and honored. After that, my teachers at the elementary school had me design door posters to decorate their doors for Halloween--what fun! I had to do like a dozen life-sized posters and employ my friends to miss class to help paint.
    2. I made the short flag team in high school and was surprised. I wasn't a very competitive person so it surprised me I had a good enough routine to make it--we won tons of awards and got lots of attention because we all practiced vigorously and took it seriously.
    3. I got accepted by a modeling agency at 17 and was thrilled to go on and do some pretty weird and interesting modeling shows as well as work the front office to screen new recruits.
    4. I was accepted into Miss Arizona USA in 1982 and made second runner up for Miss Photogenic. Me and about 11 other girls had to drop out with Norwalk virus, but I was told I probably would have been one of the semifinalists at least.
    5. Got married in 1984 and moved to Redondo Beach and it was a thrilling time of my life.
    6. I became an assistant manager at a popular clothing store in LA within a month of starting my first retail job.
    7. I had my son in 1988 and it was the single happiest moment of my life.
    8. I ran a self-help group, gave lectures, workshops, and wrote articles printed around the world and sponsored and helped people. It was extremely rewarding.
    9. I graduated from college and worked as a medical transcriptionist and kept my promise to work from home while raising my son.
    10. I got published my first time in a magazine this January in Creepy Queen.

    I know there's so many others, but those are the ones that really pop out at me right now. I've had an enormous amount of trials in my life and losses beyond belief, but I am much more blessed than cursed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list AutumnForest, and I know what you mean about how it can be hard to come up with. You do have some great ones though. :)

    ReplyDelete