Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Apr. 24th, 25th, 26th Food Log

Ok, so I was going to combine my trip to Charlotte w/ that day's food log, but I just haven't had time to really sit down to write. I will get to it though. Thank you all for your support for the past couple days. It's made such a difference in my motivation. I'm going on day 3 nicotine free. ☺ It's been hard at times, but it's getting a little easier. I was going to blog lastnight, but ended up having a nice long conversation with an old friend from highschool, via facebook...so that was nice. It also distracted me thinking about cigs.
  When I have time, I do have some blogposts in the works that will hopefully interest everyone. I think I'm at a crossing in my life. There's big decisions I'm making concerning my health and there's big decisions being made about who I want to be. I grew up too fast. I was living a very adult life at a very young age. I never had time to know myself. I've pretty much lived a life in which I depended on others to make decisions for me. Now I'm almost 30 and I'm finally taking the time to "grow up". It's exhilarating and terrifying at the same time, especially since I've never required so much from myself. All of it is good though.

Anyway, here's my food...

Sat. 24th:

Breakfast: 3/4c. Bear Naked granola, 1/4c. antioxidant trailmix, 1c. almond milk

Snack: apple, small handful cashews, 1 slice cheddar

Lunch: (I was at the party now and this was a planned splurge) I had a couple tablespoons of the dishes served....(it was a cook off), there were maybe 4 dishes and I had a sliver of birthday cake. (I was really impressed with myself. I was really modest in the amount I ate)

Dinner: (at Mom's) 2 grilled chicken fingers, 1 small burger on wheat bun, grilled zucchini, salad w/ 1tbsp. dressing, 2 thin mint cookies

Sun. 25th
Breakfast- 1/2c. Bear Naked granola, 1/4c. antioxidant trailmix, 1c. almond milk

lunch- 1c. mushroom tortellini w/ Indian spinach simmer sauce (all natural ingredients for both), salad w/ 1tbsp. dressing, leftover sweet potatoe fries (I know...odd combination and lots of carbs...this was my first day quit though and was a little extra hungry)

Dinner: 2 granny smith apples w/ almond butter (I'm not sure how much I had...probably a few tbsp. full), 1 bag all natural popcorn

Mon. 26th--breakfast- 3/4c. Bear Naked granola, 1/4c. antioxidant trailmix, 1c. almond milk

Lunch: leftover spaghetti w/ whole wheat noodles, salad w/ 1tbsp. dressing, 1 square dark chocolate

Dinner: Tortilla bake (2) ( I got this recipe from Nutmeg Notebook...thanks Tami, it was good☺)

I need to start measuring portions again and I need to start focusing on my weight loss again. I definitely need to take it down a notch w/ the carbs. lol Also, I'm retaining more fluid lately...wondering if it has anything to do w/ me quitting smoking . I dunno.

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for the Bear Naked granola in my area ! It ranks very high on the Nuval scale because it is so low sugar. And take heart- the quit smoking thing is going to get easier. You have gone through the absolutely hardest part so far !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I call you besides Shrinking family? I've been meaning to ask this. Your advice and encouragement has been so awesome and I hate not knowing your first name. lol
    I've been chewing on straws by the way. lol I'm glad you're telling me I'm through the hardest part...was a little worried about that. lol.
    I get the "Fit" Bear Naked granola...vanilla almond crunch. You're right, it is low in sugar and this particular flavor is low in fat as well. I get mine at Wal-Mart. Our cereal isle has a "healthy" section and I find it there. I hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete