Saving My Life

Anything I post on here about PCOS or any other condition, is general information or information I've accumulated in my experience having PCOS or other conditions. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I say should EVER take place of a real diagnosis from your doctor. My eating plan described on this blog is one I've made for myself and I'm constantly changing it according to my body's needs.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm back! Food Log for Past Two Days

I'm back. It was a very busy and fun weekend for my family and I, so I just didn't get to my blog. Friday was our homeschool Valentine/skating party, which was a load of fun especially since my husband skated. It's always a hoot when he falls on his butt....although he only did that one time. It was still totally worth watching though. lol It also snowed later that day, which is a big deal here in the south b/c we are so totally unprepared for snow. When it snows here everyone always buys out the milk, bread, and eggs. It's ridiculous....and it especially sucked b/c I needed food in my house. So, we rushed home from the party, I had to plan my grocery list in a hurry and I wasn't able to plan well since I didn't have much time. I went to Aldi and usually Aldi has a pretty good selection, but I've never been able to buy everything from there. I like to buy my toiletries, cereal, and snacks from Wal-Mart b/c the quality is better and Aldi just doesn't have some of my namebrand stuff I like. So, I went to Aldi and the store was ransacked. Just about the time I came to this realization, it was snowing hard outside. So, I had to buy cereal I normally wouldn't eat (generic frosted Min wheats...b/c it's seriously the only healthy cereal they have besides bran flakes which I just can stomach very well) and a few other things I wasn't crazy about. I couldn't get to Wal-mart b/c the roads were already getting slushy. So, I went home. Saturday the snow melted on the roads so we decided to commence with our son's b-day party (he turned 3 on V-day), and my mom took the kids for the night so hubby and I could go on a date (which we have not had in a year). The party went well, but I did not plan well for the cake that would be returning home with us. I tried to give a lot of it away and no one would take any. lol I wanted to take enough home so the kids could have some again, but instead we ended up with all of it and needless to say, I had too much cake. I probably should have thrown all of it away in hindsight.Then there was a death in my husband's family (another Huntington's death) so I've kind of been depressed thinking about my husband possibly having it...but I'm better now. Well, Monday I was able to get back to my normal eating and I decided to weigh myself b/c I want to stay real throughout this process....and not pretend that I didn't oversplurge. I was pleasantly surprised that the scales weighed me in the same weight. So, that means my meds are working and maybe I didn't do as badly as I've done in the past. I have found that since I've been dieting this go round, that I do so much better when I plan. I did NOT plan Saturday and Sunday at all and of course I lost control. I'm ok though....lesson learned. I was beginning to feel sorry for myself this weekend and thought to myself, "Get a hold of yourself....don't do the whole "woe is me" crap....you made a bad decision...now move along".  I snapped out of my sugar induced funk and now I'm back on track. So here's Monday and Tuesday. I'm gonna do my best to remember what I ate Monday...I really wish I had blogged what I ate over the weekend b/c now I can't remember everything (I just remember cake).

Monday: breakfast- 1c. mini wheat cereal, 1c. milk
               lunch: whole wheat pita w/ sliced chicken breast, 2 slices cheddar, carrot sticks, grapes
               snack: a small handful of cashews (I think)
               Dinner: beef, broccoli, red bell pepper stirfry, 1/2c. brown rice, salad (butter lettuce, cranberries, sprinkle of cheese, 2tbsp. Newman's Own dressing)

Tuesday: Breakfast- 1c. mini wheat cereal, 1c.milk, 1 small banana
               Lunch-  Leftover stirfry from night before (there wasn't much left...I think around 3/4c. in all w/ the rice), salad (butter lettuce, cranberries, sprinkle of cheese, 1tbsp. Newman's Own dressing)
               Dinner: ginger teriyaki chicken breast, mixed veggies, 1/2c.potato salad (I took my potatoes out of the pot so I could measure how much mayo I'd use which was 2tbsp. olive oil light mayo)

I have not had ANY snacks after dinner time for two days now, so I'm happy about that. :) Thanks POD for checking up on me....you always make me laugh and I absolutely love the firm and honest accountability you give me. Actually I love all the accountability I get from all of you...it makes all the difference. :) Hope you guys had a great V-day weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment